As Business Development Manager you will be joining one of the UK’s leading utilities and energy consultancies, providing a wide range of value added Utility Management Solutions. Our Client has established relationships with all of the major energy suppliers, as well as water and telecoms companies. They specialise in helping clients get the best value from their energy contracts, reduce their energy consumption, and minimise their carbon footprint.
Their success is a reflection of our people, so being a great business depends on us having great people.
They have ambitious growth plans and want ambitious people to support them.
Business Development Manager Role Summary
You will report to the Sales Director and be responsible for acquiring new business and retaining our existing client base predominantly via outbound telesales activity. You will have a passion for sales and a proven track record of delivering results. As a people person, your role will involve working with people at all levels from the sales team to the board; helping them in their daily jobs, as well as managing supplier and stakeholder relationships.
Performing outbound calls to prospective customers you will use your detailed knowledge of our products and services; utilising your natural sales skills to understand the customers' needs to offer them the best possible solution. You will also be responsible for capturing key tactical information to ensure you speak to customers at the right time while also gathering information on our competitors to support your conversations with customers.
Key responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- Proven ability to recognise customers’ needs and convert these into sales
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, preferably gained within a B2B sales environment
- Ability to increase customer value but utilising all available products and services
- Passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience
- Experience of working within an outbound call centre, preferably within a B2B environment
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A team player
Skills and experience required:
- You will have at least 12 months’ experience in a Business Development Manager role. Industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Good level of education; competent in Maths, English and be computer literate
Apply for the Business Development Manager Job Now
QPLtalent are acting as a recruitment consultancy