Due to the exciting changes, this expanding business is seeking a Finance Manager to join its team. This will also provide you with the opportunity to be actively involved in various ad hoc improvement projects where representation is required.
The role will ideally suit an individual keen to progress their career with their first move into a managerial position. The role will allow the successful candidate to develop their skills and experience through sole responsibility for the finance function, but with the mentoring support and guidance of the Finance Director as required.
As the Finance Manager, your duties will be to:
- Maintain a sound documented system of accounting policies and procedures, supported by Sage 200.
- Oversee the management of sales ledger debt levels through effective review and control.
- Provide visible leadership and motivation to staff, including ensuring on-going performance management, and implementation of training/development opportunities in order to create a team working environment and maximise the contributions of all.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical competency areas, take a proactive approach to self-development and performance improvement and be the source of technical expertise in accounting matters.
- Assist the Finance Director in their support to the management team through the preparation of financial information, including the consolidated management accounts pack with commentary and supporting schedules.
- Assist the preparation of the annual budget and monthly reporting against this budget, ensuring budget holders have relevant and accurate information to make good decisions, reporting is timely and clear and adequate reviews are carried out.
To be a successful Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualification – part qualification considered.
- Practical experience of a broad range of financial responsibilities, potentially as an Assistant Manager or in a similar supportive role.
- Awareness and understanding of financial procedures and the management of income and expenditure streams.
- Knowledge and experience of effective control environments.
- Demonstrated success in personally liaising with a range of senior stakeholders.
- An understanding of key performance indicators and financial drivers.
- Practical experience of the Sage accounting package.
- Strong IT skills, and in particularly advanced spreadsheet capability.
- Experience of the production of monthly management information packs and statutory financial statements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to staff and Executive members.
- Good level of financial and commercial awareness with a thorough understanding of the financial frameworks, systems and standards applicable to an organisation.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to identify innovative yet practical solutions to complex problems.
In return, the Finance Manager will receive a salary of £35000 - £45000 per annum.