Due to the exciting changes, this business is seeking a Senior Finance Assistant to join them. As part of a 3 person team you will work closely with the Finance Manager, and you will be responsible for keeping the financial engine of the organisation running smoothly, dealing with both purchase and sales transactional management. You will pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers, as well as be driven, well organised with a real attention to detail.
If you are looking to develop your career in finance then don’t delay APPLY NOW, as you will have the opportunity to grow with the mentoring support and guidance of the Finance Manager.
As the Senior Finance Assistant, your duties will be to:
- Accurate and timely processing of purchase ledger invoices.
- Receiving and verifying staff expense reports and requests for advances.
- Timely process of purchase ledger payment runs within stipulated settlement terms, bank payments and input of bank transactions.
- Timely processing of credit card purchase payments
- Accurate and timely preparation, system generation and processing of sales ledger invoices.
- Timely processing of credit card inward receipts and membership direct debits.
- Managing the timely collection of sales ledger receivables within stipulated settlement terms.
- Accurate reconciliation of both customer and supplier statements on a monthly basis and liaison with relevant parties to resolve issues & anomalies.
- Ensuring all financials flows between the SAMS database and Sage accounting software are correctly accounted for on both systems
- Ensuring Customer and Members queries are effectively dealt with.
- Effective filing and management of documentation and information.
- Accurate and timely recording of financial entries within Sage 200.
- Preparation of ledger reporting in support of the Finance Manager at month end and year end.
- Opportunity to ‘own’ elements of the ledgers, if the appetite demonstrated.
As the successful Senior Finance Assistant, you will have the following skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or equivalent required, qualified desirable.
- Experience of working within an Accounts environment desirable.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Experience of success in personally liaising with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of Sage 100 beneficial but not essential.
In return you will be working for a company that will nurture you and your career helping to develop and learn new skills, as well as receiving a salary of £25,000 - £32,000 per annum subject to experience. Don’t delay APPLY NOW